[U-Boot] Hi guys, maybe this is not the best list but I ask about my problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Mar 18 09:04:22 CET 2010

Dear Fabio Giovagnini,

you are indeed completely off topic here on the U-Boot list.

In message <201003180657.27345.fabio.giovagnini at aurion-tech.com> you wrote:

> Im able to mount the nfsroot filesystem but I get this message:
> Warning: unable to open an initial console.

> In rootpath I should read someting?

You should read the error messages and contemplate their meaning.

> Could the problem be my PC is little endian and I' exporting to a big endian
> CPU?

No.

"unable to open an initial console" usually means that there is no
"/dev/console" entry in your root file system, so check your root file
system if it is complete.

[If you were using the ELDK, my bet was that you have forgotten to run
the ELDK_MAKEDEV (plus eventually the ELDK_FIXOWNER) script(s), but
you don't include such vital information as where this root file
system is coming from and why you think it should be a working one.]

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Quantum particles: The dreams that stuff is made of.