[U-Boot] Environmentvar. "ipaddr" - microblaze

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Mon Mar 22 17:40:02 CET 2010

Hi Michal,

> Detlev Zundel wrote:
>> Hi Horst,
>>
>>> in "lib_microblaze/board.c  board_init()" the function
>>> "env_relocate()" should be called before "getenv_IPaddr()"
>>> otherwise there is no chance to save an ip-address in the
>>> environment (like in lib_ppc/board.c).
>
> Horst: Give me step-by-step manual how to reach that fault.

As long as Horst doesn't answer, I belive he has his environment in SPI
flash and was not able to change the "ipaddr" setting used by the
network code.

Now all I can think of is that in lib_microblaze/board.c:144 the call
returns the environmetn setting of the compiled in environment rather
than the SPI flash saved settings.  Thus without doing an explicit
"setenv ipaddr" network will always use the compiled in ipaddr.

Does that make sense?

Cheers
  Detlev

--
He thinks he's really smooth, but he's only C^1.