[U-Boot] Environmentvar. "ipaddr" - microblaze

Michal Simek monstr at monstr.eu
Mon Mar 22 18:24:09 CET 2010

Detlev Zundel wrote:
> Hi Michal,
>
>> Detlev Zundel wrote:
>>> Hi Horst,

>> Horst: Give me step-by-step manual how to reach that fault.
>
> As long as Horst doesn't answer, I belive he has his environment in SPI
> flash and was not able to change the "ipaddr" setting used by the
> network code.

First off all I am looking forward on that spi driver.

> Now all I can think of is that in lib_microblaze/board.c:144 the call
> returns the environmetn setting of the compiled in environment rather
> than the SPI flash saved settings.  Thus without doing an explicit
> "setenv ipaddr" network will always use the compiled in ipaddr.
>
> Does that make sense?

Anyway. I don't need to setup different IP address from command line.

The funny thing is that I have this change in my private repo I sync it
with ppc some weeks/month ago.
I will have to invest some time to add all my changes to mainline.

If you want to add only this change, I am ok with it.

Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng)
w: www.monstr.eu p: +42-0-721842854