[U-Boot] Environmentvar. "ipaddr" - microblaze

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Tue Mar 23 10:55:50 CET 2010

Hi Michal,

> Detlev Zundel wrote:
>> Hi Michal,

>>> Horst: Give me step-by-step manual how to reach that fault.
>>
>> As long as Horst doesn't answer, I belive he has his environment in SPI
>> flash and was not able to change the "ipaddr" setting used by the
>> network code.
>
> First off all I am looking forward on that spi driver.

As he noted in another mail, he used drivers/spi/soft_spi.c with a
little fix successfully.

>> Now all I can think of is that in lib_microblaze/board.c:144 the call
>> returns the environmetn setting of the compiled in environment rather
>> than the SPI flash saved settings.  Thus without doing an explicit
>> "setenv ipaddr" network will always use the compiled in ipaddr.
>>
>> Does that make sense?
>
> Anyway. I don't need to setup different IP address from command line.

The environment is one of the most central features of U-Boot.  If
setting of "ipaddr" fails to make any impact on tftp transfers, then I
consider it to be broken.

> The funny thing is that I have this change in my private repo I sync
> it with ppc some weeks/month ago.
> I will have to invest some time to add all my changes to mainline.
>
> If you want to add only this change, I am ok with it.

Do you have a timeline on when you will post your changes here for
review?

Cheers
  Detlev

--
"It's amazing I won. I was running against peace, prosperity, and
incumbency."