[U-Boot] net, kirkwood_egiga: init mac address before using network commands

Simon Kagstrom simon.kagstrom at netinsight.net
Tue Mar 30 10:01:27 CEST 2010

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 09:52:29 +0200
Detlev Zundel <dzu at denx.de> wrote:

> I also actively request the U-Boot community to give feedback here -
> after all, this _is_ a community project and fixing real problems is one
> of the main tasks of a bootloader.

Personally, I'd prefer using Heikos approach until Arm Linux has moved
to device trees. I know it's a deviation from how it's supposed to
work, but it also solves a real problem without introducing kludges
elsewhere.

I think most people (myself included) would just "solve" the problem by
carrying a private patch to setup the MAC address in U-boot anyway.

// Simon