[U-Boot] Fix for a build ?

Igor Luri iluri at aotek.es
Wed May 5 12:32:58 CEST 2010

Dear Sylvain Lamontagne,

We have had a similir issue building U-Boot (1.1.6) in a server with 2
cuadcore processors that is responsible of the automated build system.

GNU Make has the posibility to run several jobs simultaneously, passing
the argument "-j N", where N is the number of jobs executed
simultaneously. Since our server has 8 processors, we use "-j 9"
arguments in the automated build (the documentation recomends using N=
number of cores +1). This way, U-Boot and other software projects,
sometimes build ok and sometimes fail.

We solve this problem building U-Boot and failing projects passing "-j
1" argument to Make (without running simultaneous jobs), and the rest of
software with "-j 9".

I have seen that you are running simultaneous jobs:

*[09:23:58]:* *make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....*

Hope this helps.

Peace.

--
Igor Luri