[U-Boot] u-boot hangs after detecting DDR3 RAM and Flash.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri May 7 17:17:54 CEST 2010

Dear prakash bedge,

In message <g2zb9c1f3ac1005070752j7df33c45mf707a0ce62f2bc92 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> while debugging the u-boot I observed that the u-boot hangs when it call
> getenv("loadaddr") function.
>  if ((s = getenv ("loadaddr")) != NULL) { .... }
>
> Is it because of loadaddr parameter passed to getenv?

No. All this code is running on zillions other devices perfectly well.
The reason it's not working for you is most likely because your memory
is not working correctly, so you're working with corrupted code and
corrupted data.

> Do I really need to check the DDR3 initialization setup or there is
> something other stuff I should check?

Yes, you really should concentrate on fixing your memory
intialization.

No matter how often you are going to repeat that question, the
reply will remain the same.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the  soap,
and much more difficult to find ...     - Terry Pratchett, _Sourcery_