[U-Boot] Exception in serial_init

Andrew Dyer amdyer at gmail.com
Sun May 9 20:47:07 CEST 2010

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Gurumurthy G M
<Gurumurthy.Gowdar at gmobis.com> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>          Find attached disassembly file and register dump. let me know if you find any mistake or am missing something.

code looks pretty normal.  Check that t9 (aka register 25) is set up
on entry to the function.  I believe it is supposed to be set to the
function's entry point by the caller (something to do with PIC code).

I would stop at the function entry, dump the registers, step through
it (and the call to serial_setbrg) and watch the stack pointer.  Dump
the stack contents at different points and see where things go
haywire.