[U-Boot] hardware flash protect kept during a reboot?

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Fri May 14 21:33:28 CEST 2010

If I enable CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_PROTECTION and have a support flash chipset,
are my protected sectors supposed to remain protected during a reboot?

That is, if I protect some flash sector, and then reboot U-Boot, I know
U-Boot will not show the sector as being protected, because the
info->protect[] array is initialized on every boot.  However, since I was
using hardware protection, I expect the chip will still protect the sector.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale