[U-Boot] hardware flash protect kept during a reboot?

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Mon May 17 16:11:22 CEST 2010

Stefan Roese wrote:
> This protection is chip specific. IIRC, then some Intel (Strata) chips either
> protect all sectors or have a sectore-wise protection mechanism. You need to
> check your FLASH documentation for the exact behaviour. Which chip are you
> using?

I just want to know whether hardware protection works at all for anyone
through a reboot.  Is the CFI "protect sector" command persistent through a
hardware power reset or power loss?

> Please note that we have the special "unlock" env variable. By setting it to
> "yes", all sectors will be unlocked upon startup. At least on Intel Strata
> FLASH chips.

I put a printf() in flash_real_protect(), so I know that's not the problem.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale