[U-Boot] libfdt: make fdt_increase_size() available to everyone

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Mon May 17 16:16:31 CEST 2010

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
>> > I was expecting the caller of fdt_increase_size() to know that the
>> > space after the fdt is available.

> So where is the code that makes sure that there is sufficient space
> available?

Well, if I load the fdt to address c0000, and it's 10KB in size, I'm pretty
sure I can expand it to 16KB if I know that there's nothing else between
c0000 and c4000.

If you're asking about what code do I have that actually calls
fdt_increase_size(), that code is currently used for a new board that we're
not yet ready to publish.  I'd like my patch for fdt_increase_size()
included in the next merge window, so that when rebase our internal
repository on the next release, this patch will already be available.  It
makes our internal development easier.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale