[U-Boot] libfdt: make fdt_increase_size() available to everyone

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon May 17 22:33:55 CEST 2010

Dear Timur Tabi,

In message <4BF14FBF.3040900 at freescale.com> you wrote:

> > So where is the code that makes sure that there is sufficient space
> > available?
>
> Well, if I load the fdt to address c0000, and it's 10KB in size, I'm pretty
> sure I can expand it to 16KB if I know that there's nothing else between
> c0000 and c4000.

Assume the case that the DTB is stored in NOR flash, and I pass the
NOR flash address to the bootm command...

I'm not sure if there is any guarantee for free room behind the DTB in
this case.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
... not meant for the weak-at-heart: /^(?=.*one)(?=.*two)/
If you can follow that, you can use it.
          - Randal L. Schwartz in <ukpw67rhl3.fsf at julie.teleport.com>