[U-Boot] CONFIG_SYS_LINUX_LOWMEM_MAX_SIZE

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue May 18 10:07:35 CEST 2010

Hi Anup,

On Tuesday 18 May 2010 09:03:25 anup behare wrote:
> We are using taishan based board having 1GB DDR.
> In u-boot code we found that CONFIG_SYS_LINUX_LOWMEM_MAX_SIZE is set to
> 768MB hence "if (size < bootm_size)" condition becomes true and u-boot
> throw "WARNING: adjusting available memory to 0x30000000" message on
> console.
>
> Let me know will it possible to set CONFIG_SYS_LINUX_LOWMEM_MAX_SIZE to 1GB
> or is there any fix for above warning message?

Linux "lowmem" size is 768MB for PowerPC. Loading at a higher address results
in a non-booting Linux kernel. So this warning makes sense and it's not
possible to load to 1GB.

Why do you want to change this? Does this cause you any troubles? Is Linux not
booting correctly? I don't see what you would "gain" by loading to 1GB.

Cheers,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de