[U-Boot] CONFIG_SYS_LINUX_LOWMEM_MAX_SIZE

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue May 18 11:40:21 CEST 2010

Hi Anup,

On Tuesday 18 May 2010 11:24:42 anup behare wrote:
> My intention was only to remove this warning.

Perhaps it makes sense, to change this "WARNUNG:" to "NOTE:". I suggest you
send a patch for this and we might accept it.

> My Linux is booting correctly and it is not causing any trouble but I
> observed "WARNING: adjusting available memory to 0x30000000" on u-boot
> console.
>
> I have couple of question here with 768MB:
>
> 1. Is that mean u-boot will use only 768MB DDR?

No.

> 2. What about kernel will it use complete DDR or will work with
> 768MB only?

That depends on your kernel configuration. For more than 768MB (lowmem) you
need to enable highmem support of course.

> 3. Means we can’t remove this warning and this warning will come for DDR
> more than 768MB?

Yes. But we might change the text from "WARNING" to "NOTE" or something
like this (see above).

Cheers,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de