[U-Boot] Flash Erase and Write timeout for S29GL512P

prakash bedge prakash.bedge at gmail.com
Fri May 21 07:17:46 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I am using 64MB CFI compliant flash on my board. For that I need to
configure the erase and write timeout for this chip in configs/boardname.h
file

Flash chip I am using is S29GL512P and as per datasheet flash erase time is
1024 Seconds and flash program time is 492 Seconds.

So  CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_ERASE_TOUT   should be 1024000 ms and
CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_WRITE_TOUT
should be 492000 ms.

 But, in Uboot, I am seeing that most boards have  configured
CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_ERASE_TOUT
to 240000 ms and  CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_WRITE_TOUT   to 200-400 ms range for
flash of size 1GB or moroe.

Can anyone please tell what value I should use for my chip.

Regards,
Prakash