[U-Boot] libfdt: make fdt_increase_size() available to everyone

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 25 19:50:52 CEST 2010

Dear Timur Tabi,

In message <AANLkTikGuHbXqZYwCup04C2SCuB6Uof75zdoH-boZzUX at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 3:28 AM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> > Instead of implementing this feature in a way that makes it restricted
> > to your current use case only we can as well make it generic enough so
> > others can use it as well.
>
> Wolfgang, can you tell me what method you would like me to use to pass
> the address and/or size of the firmware FIT image to
> boot_relocate_fdt()?  Obviously, you don't like CONFIG_SYS_FDT_PAD,
> but I want to know what direction to go in before I start coding.

I'm not sure if I understand what you are trying to ask.

If you have an address and a size and want to pass these to a
function, you can of course use two arguments to that function, say
"phys_addr_t addr, size_t size".

But as this seems obvious I feel you might have something else in
mind, yet I cannot figure out what it might be.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
There's no honorable way to kill, no gentle way to destroy.  There is
nothing good in war.  Except its ending.
	-- Abraham Lincoln, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.5