[U-Boot] No network in Linux on Olimex SAM9_L9260 (Atmel AT91SAM9260EK)

Thorsten Mühlfelder muehlfelder at enertex.de
Fri May 28 11:34:01 CEST 2010

Am Friday 28 May 2010 11:05:58 schrieben Sie:
> Hi Thorsten,
>
> 2010/5/28 Thorsten Mühlfelder <muehlfelder at enertex.de>:
> > So I've decided to compile a new U-Boot.
> >
> > My Toolchain is Codesourcery 2010q1 on a 32 bit Slackware Linux and I've
> > used U-Boot 2010.03 sources.
> > The board runs a 2.6.24-rt kernel with patch for Olimex support.
> >
> > As the Olimex board is heavily based on the Atmel AT91SAM9260EK board
> > I've decided to build U-Boot for this one. I only had to tweak the
> > machine type so that Linux can be started.
>
> I've done the same on earlier occasions, although I can't remember if
> it worked or not.
>
> However, in my latest project, I've used U-Boot 2009.08, together with
> a selected sets of the patches from Olimex.
> http://www.olimex.com/dev/soft/arm/SAM9/u-boot-olimex-patches-20090717.tgz
>
> It shouldn't be too hard to apply them to a later U-Boot-version,
> although minor changes might be needed.

Hey, I've found these patches, too. But I had problems compiling a patched
U-Boot, even if I tried older U-Boot versions and older toolchain versions.
I could fix some compiler errors, but not all of them.

But I should have taken a closer look to the patch set, because...
> If you don't go for the Olimex patches, take Eric's advise and check
> the MII and RMII settings.

It's clearly stated in the patch, that I had to #undef CONFIG_RMII but I just
did not see it. Probably it was to late in the evening yesterday :-D

> Regards,
> Anders

Regards
Thorsten