[U-Boot] [RFC] arm926ejs: fix jump to RAM nand_boot

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Wed Nov 3 13:08:26 CET 2010

Le 03/11/2010 13:03, V, Aneesh a écrit :

> Just curious. Why don't we allocate memory for such needs below the
> u-boot (lower address) like we do for malloc area and stack. This way
> the location where u-boot is relocated will only depend on the SDRAM
> size and size of u-boot itself, right?

My guess is that the same memory will be allocated by the OS after
u-boot, and allocating at the same location in both occasions allows for
things like flicker-free boot splashes and such.

And if you allocate this below u-boot, you end up with a split memory
map with some allocated space in the middle of useable OS or user space.

So we allocate that at top of RAM, and later on, Linux can use all the
memory below as a single contiguous area.

> Best regards,
> Aneesh

Amicalement,
--