[U-Boot] ARM: OMAP3/4: proposal: Cleanup MUX

Nishanth Menon menon.nishanth at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 20:56:46 CET 2010

Folks,
I would like to work on the following: Cleanup mux configurations done
in OMAP3 and 4 platforms. includes the following:
a) have isolate mux configurations per IP configuration, e.g. for EHCI,
we have a mux array definition for EHCI etc..
b) remove ALL mux configurations that are not relevant for u-boot
functionality - currently we do all muxing in u-boot(including stuff
like camera which obviously we dont use in u-boot).

any kernel breakages as a result of "assumptions" of muxing already done
is to be fixed in kernel itself - kernel *has* a mux framework for OMAP
and platforms files *should* be using that for kernel functionality that
they need. no point in carrying that burden in u-boot.

I would like to post this patches so that for the next merge window we
could pull this in and notify the linux-omap kernel guys to fix their
stuff if they depend on u-boot for mux configurations - it is high time
they stop being closely tied to U-boot and have capability to deal with
other bootloaders which may or maynot have capability for doing muxing -
it also saves us to add and maintain mux configurations for linux kernel
booting -> u-boot is supposed to support multiple operating systems (not
just linux kernel).

--
Regards,
Nishanth Menon