[U-Boot] nand spl build with wrong CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 9 17:23:43 CET 2010

Dear Haiying Wang,

In message <1289314359.2168.20.camel at haiying-laptop> you wrote:

> > You did not answer my question. The error message shows _where_ the
> > previous definition came from. Please check this.
> OK, the error message is:
> "In file included
> from /home/haiying/Opensource/Kumar/u-boot-mpc85xx/include/config.h:5,
>                  from ns16550.c:7:
> /home/haiying/Opensource/Kumar/u-boot-mpc85xx/include/configs/MPC8536DS.h:40:1: warning: "CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE" redefined
> "

Is this all the error messages you get?  Normally tehre should be
another message, for example:

[filename]:[lineno]:[column]: warning: this is the location of the previous definition

or, if there was a "-DCONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE=..." on the command line:

<command-line>: warning: this is the location of the previous definition

> Here are the lines in MPC8536DS.h(using git diff result, so that the
> changes I made can be seen clearly)

This doesn't help, as it doesn't show where the other definition is
coming from.

> Yes, now the problem is only one define of CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE is
> allowed for one board config,i.e CONFIG_NAND, but two images need to be
> generated for nand boot, one is u-boot-spl.bin, the other is u-boot.bin.
> They need different CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE.

Maybe they should use different variables then, say
CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE and CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE_SPL ?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10%  takes
the other 90% of the time.