[U-Boot] nand spl build with wrong CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Tue Nov 9 17:26:43 CET 2010

On Tue, 9 Nov 2010 17:23:43 +0100
Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

> > Yes, now the problem is only one define of CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE is
> > allowed for one board config,i.e CONFIG_NAND, but two images need to be
> > generated for nand boot, one is u-boot-spl.bin, the other is u-boot.bin.
> > They need different CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE.
>
> Maybe they should use different variables then, say
> CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE and CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE_SPL ?

Why?  It's the same variable, just for a different build.  Are we going
to have _SPL and non-_SPL variants of all other things that might vary
between the two?

What about a middle-stage build where we want to use CONFIG_ symbols to
pull in files like a regular U-Boot build, but we want to pull in a
different set than the final image?

-Scott