[U-Boot] NAND on eLBC

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Tue Nov 9 20:36:08 CET 2010

On Fri, 5 Nov 2010 10:21:53 +0100
Andre Schwarz <andre.schwarz at matrix-vision.de> wrote:

> Scott,
>
> looks like I made a mistake on current MPC8377 NAND wiring.
>
> Nand-Flash "write enable" is wired to LFWE1 ... I connected each WE to
> its corresponding CS, i.e. :
>
> - CS0/WE0 -> Nor Flash
> - CS1/WE1 -> Nand Flash
> - CS2/WE2 -> MRAM
>
> Am I assuming right that FCM can only use WE0 ?

I think so.  It looks like the other lines were meant to be byte
selects for NOR/UPM, not anything to do with the chip select.

> Do you see any issue with connecting all devices to WE0 since they have
> distinct chip selects ?

I guess not, especially if that's the only way the FCM works.

But to be sure, maybe ask official Freescale support channels, and/or
someone who's more familiar with the hardware side of this stuff.

-Scott