[U-Boot] request for ubifs recovery support

Quotient Remainder quotientvremainder at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 19:01:49 CET 2010

Ar Céad, 2010-11-17 ag 17:25 +0100, scríobh Albert ARIBAUD:

> Do you mean that, in Linux, you do a power cycle without (syncing and)
> unmounting a file system that will be critical to properly booting later
> on? If so, what is the rationale behind this too-quick power cycle?

Yes, I'm testing power-fail tolerance!  The RFS is mounted in sync mode
so unless I'm missing something the sync should have occurred before the
command prompt reappears, right?

> Seems to me you should start by the preventive measure of avoiding the
> corruption in the first place (do a cp; sync; umount...) rather than
> relying on a curative measure of recovery attempts.

Ideally, yes and "sync" before power-down works but that's not what
these tests are checking.  With the RFS not in sync mode, it works;
"sync" command with sync mount currently untested.