[U-Boot] OMAP3 patch to improve performance?

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 00:42:29 CET 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 11:56 PM, Paulraj, Sandeep <s-paulraj at ti.com> wrote:
> I came across this patch that might be useful
>
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2010-February/067534.html
>
> In any case since the u-boot structure has changed this cannot be applied.
> If anybody is interested please send a new patch.

There are actually more problems (already known to TI) related to the use
of ASA bit on OMAP3 Cortex-A8:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/1048445

I don't know any of the details related to these reliability issues mentioned
by Richard. But I still think that u-boot should not be setting ASA bit, there
are just too many reasons not to do that.