[U-Boot] Debugger(BDI3000) Error !

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Nov 21 15:11:59 CET 2010

Dear Tim Rachman,

In message <549623.8431.qm at web120303.mail.ne1.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I use BDI3000 debugger to debug my custom board using PPC440EP , using Yosemite
> config file as base.
> After board power on following messages are shown:
>
> - TARGET: waiting for target Vcc
> - TARGET: processing power-up delay
> - TARGET: processing user reset request
> - TARGET: resetting target passed
> - TARGET: processing target startup ....
> - TARGET: core #0 PVR is 0x422218D4
> - TARGET: processing target startup passed
> 440EP>go
> 440EP>

This looks good...

> According to BDI3000 manual it's expected to see this message after go command:
>
> - TARGET: core #0 has entered debug mode
>
> But i don't have it.

This depends on how you reset your board. Pleas enote that there are
several variabts of the "reset" command. "reset run" works quite
differently from "reset halt".  The BI stores the last use, so when
you just type "reset" it repeats the last mode.

> Is there any idea about this error?

I don't see any error.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to  do  a  thing
and to watch someone else doing it wrong, without commenting.
                                                        -- T.H. White