[U-Boot] DEC21140 driver && netconsole && new target.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 24 22:18:17 CET 2010

Dear Scott Nicholas,

In message <AANLkTikPg0Duvni9fb_oNpz-XYdzZsE=Qoz89AP6FofL at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

>   I have a board which uses dec21140-like ethernet, non-pci. In
> Linksys' GPL release is old u-boot (seems 1.1.4). I had same problem
> with 2010.09, in that when I enable netconsole, I saw each putc/puts
> twice!
>
> I read dec2114x datasheet in detail, and firstly, wonder if anyone
> else has tested this driver with netconsole. I made many changes to

Most probably not.

> mine to ensure MIPS cache coherency, but here are my findings for
> those interested to maybe one day find in the mailing list archive..

Thanks, highly appreciated.

> Also, my board is the Linksys T-Mobile branded WRTU54G-TM, uses
> ADM8668 chipset for those curious, but this is from DEC21140
> datasheet. Please inform me if this is not the case for whichever
> target uses it.

There is no dec21140 Ethernet driver in mainline U-Boot, so it's
pretty unlikely that there will be much feedback.  Just don't be
disappointed.

If would be great if you could submit your patches here - please see
http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/Patches  for details.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Humanity has the  stars  in  its  future,  and  that  future  is  too
important  to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant
superstition.                                          - Isaac Asimov