[U-Boot] DEC21140 driver && netconsole && new target.

Scott Nicholas scott.nicholas at scottn.us
Wed Nov 24 23:30:26 CET 2010

Hello,

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 4:18 PM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> Dear Scott Nicholas,
>
> In message <AANLkTikPg0Duvni9fb_oNpz-XYdzZsE=Qoz89AP6FofL at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>>

> There is no dec21140 Ethernet driver in mainline U-Boot, so it's
> pretty unlikely that there will be much feedback.  Just don't be
> disappointed.

I mean drivers/net/dc2114x.c, whatever name it goes by.

> If would be great if you could submit your patches here - please see
> http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/Patches  for details.

I may. But I can't test changes to dc2114x itself, is why I asked the
list. Because maybe the board that does use it, does not exactly
follow behavior of mine?

Little would be gained from including my target to mainline. Afaik,
it's only in this 1 router. The chip and board both out of production.
But I can submit.

I'm currently trying to have MIPS startup code use unlzma on the rest,
so that I may fit the entire binary into the same 64k sector used
currently. Would such a patch seem useful for submission as well?
seems not much MIPS use in here.

--
Scott