[U-Boot] Pull request: u-boot-arm

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Sat Nov 27 20:42:24 CET 2010

Le 27/11/2010 19:50, Wolfgang Denk a écrit :

>> Wolfgang, should I send out a (single) mail to each ARM board maintainer
>> right after this cycle asking them to either fix their board or say that
>> they are not going to? This could help weed out during next cycle.
>
> We might as well do this right now.   I will try to get -rc2 out this
> weekend, and also start a "next" branch.  Maybe some board maintainers
> need a special invitation to fix their boards - eventually some will
> submit patches even for this release. It's worth a try.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Wolfgang Denk

No problem. I am building a list of addresses from the MAINTAINERS list.
For those boards which have no maintainer I will use the e-mail address
of the last committer to the config header file (skipping Wolfgang's, of
course).

I will then send a single mail to myself with everybody in Bcc:, telling
them that they are e-mailed as the maintainer or last committer to an
u-boot board, informing them of the recent introduction of ELF
relocation to u-boot, that it breaks building the board, and that they
should take steps to fix the board (these steps may be as simple as
adding a couple of lines similar to what was done with edminiv2.h)
otherwise the board will be considered orphan and risk being removed.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.