[U-Boot] U-Boot 1.3.4 CONFIG_SILENT_CONSOLE Does Not Work?

NB quickx at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 1 00:20:11 CEST 2010

Wolfgang Denk <wd <at> denx.de> writes:

> You are aware that U-Boot 1.3.4 is moe than 2 years old and as such
> hopelessly obsolete, aren't you?  Don;t expect much help for ancient
> versions like this...
>
> I can only comment on current code...

Yeah.  I've tried U-Boot 2010-06 but it doesn't have 9g10 support yet *which
my custom board is using*, so I think I'm forced to use the linux4sam updated
u-boot 1.3.4, or to port the patches myself; but my tests right now were just
with uboot 1.3.4 and a 9261ek.

Basically I just wanted to know if I'm doing everything right and not missing
a step, since others have posted with my same problems ~2 years ago when 1.3.4
was current, and it sounded like it was working from the replys.

I'm guessing now there is/was a bug but maybe it has already been fixed.  When
I get some free time I can re-build oe's uboot 2010-06 with SILENT support to
see if it is working for a 9261ek.

If someone remembers anything about the "old" 1.3.4 + silent feature do
mention it :)

Thanks