[U-Boot] U-Boot 1.3.4 CONFIG_SILENT_CONSOLE Does Not Work?

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Fri Oct 1 02:17:42 CEST 2010

On Thursday, September 30, 2010 16:05:49 NB wrote:
> However when I boot my device I see u-boot spiting out the same stuff it
> does even if "silent" isn't selected, as well as linux but I'm focusing on
> getting u- boot working as the README / README.silent suggests first.

ive seen issues depending on the env location.  if the env cannot be loaded
early, the *default env* is consulted for its silent settings, and then things
"work" once the saved env is relocated.

might also want to check CONSOLE_IS_IN_ENV is enabled.

otherwise, your options are:
	- trace the code yourself
	- upgrade, and then trace the code yourself
-mike