[U-Boot] ARM relocation, probably trivial mistake - back to original problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 1 10:48:42 CEST 2010

Dear Reinhard Meyer,

In message <4CA590E6.6070701 at emk-elektronik.de> you wrote:

> it seems, that with relocation enabled, some
> data does not seem to get initialized properly:

I rather suspect you have code running that violates the
pre-relocation restrictions (no bss segment available, read-only data
segment).

> Do I understand right what the required changes are:
>
> 1. change dram_init
> 2. make sure TEXT_BASE is correct as to where u-boot is loaded
> by a preloader and is NOT pointing near top of RAM.

...or identical to the final position in RAM.

> 3. I do not have a board specific .lds - should I now have one?

No need for that.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Without facts, the decision cannot be made logically. You  must  rely
on your human intuition.
	-- Spock, "Assignment: Earth", stardate unknown