[U-Boot] AT91 clock and timer cleanups

Reinhard Meyer u-boot at emk-elektronik.de
Mon Oct 4 21:22:51 CEST 2010

Dear Wolfgang Denk,
>> The general question, however was, if that approach is OK with you.
>
> Well, I still prefer to have this added to a single, central location
> instead to a large number of board config files.

AT91 does not have a really large number of config files.

> However, if you have to touch all these board config files anyway (and
> accept the need to re-test on all affected boards) then I don't insist
> on any specific implementation.

No, I can't re-test on other AT91 boards. With the relocation patch
none of them builds right now, and without the clock/timer cleanup
they would not work, even if they would build. Since the respective
maintainers are required to fix for relocation they can also add the
define required to make the relocated code work...

Currently, a "./MAKEALL at91" is pointless.

> Please don't forget to document the new CONFOG_ variable (in the
> README).

In which README and where in it? So far in no README are such variables
listed/explained (of type CONFIG_<arch>,<SoC>,<Family>)

Best regards,

Reinhard