[U-Boot] Add new NAND flash

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Fri Oct 1 21:52:22 CEST 2010

On Fri, 1 Oct 2010 16:31:40 +0200
Matthias Weißer <weisserm at arcor.de> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I would like to add a new NAND flash type to u-boot and have some
> problems with it. The type is
>
> MT29F16G08CBABA
> – Page size x8: 4320 bytes (4096 + 224 bytes)
> – Block size: 256 pages (1024K + 56K bytes)
> – Plane size: 2 planes x 1024 blocks per plane
> – Device size: 16Gb: 2048 blocks
>
> The NAND subsystem is configured as follows
>
> #define CONFIG_NAND_MXC
> #define CONFIG_NAND_MXC_V1_1
> #define CONFIG_MXC_NAND_REGS_BASE	(0xBB000000)
> #define CONFIG_SYS_MAX_NAND_DEVICE	1
> #define CONFIG_SYS_NAND_BASE		(0xBB000000)
> #define CONFIG_MXC_NAND_HWECC
> #define CONFIG_SYS_NAND_LARGEPAGE
>
> The NAND is connected (8 bit wide) to an iMX25 which is booting from
> NOR. So the NAND is only a mass storage device. I am able to read the ID
> of the chip.
>
> 2Ch 48h 04h 46h 85h

According to http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/60042/, this chip
is supposed to have ID: 2C 48 00 26 89

Do you have a datasheet that says what it's supposed to be?

The bytes may be getting corrupted.  If you hack up the code to
override the ID bytes with good ones, do you see any problems doing
real I/O?

-Scott