[U-Boot] USB host on the AT91sam9g45

Marcel korgull at home.nl
Sat Oct 2 01:53:41 CEST 2010

Hi,

Sorry to top post, but I think it is fine in this case (no replies on my own
message yet).

I have got USB host working on the AT91sam9g45.
The board I'm using is from in-circuit ( http://www.ic-
board.de/product_info.php?info=p125_STK-ADB1000-SAM9G45-OEM-5inchTFT.html ).
In specific I'm using their ICnova SAM9G45 OEM board and also tested using the
ADB1000 main board.

It works with all brands of mass storage devices I have in house, so that's
great. It does however seem to operate only at full speed (not in Linux
though) and although that's not a very big issue, I wonder if there's a reason
for it (I don't see EHCI being configured anywhere yet). This is what the
device tree looks like :

Device Tree:
  1  Hub (12 Mb/s, 0mA)
  |   OHCI Root Hub

  +-2  Mass Storage (12 Mb/s, 100mA)
       CBM      Flash Disk       25112500B9281506

Since the Hub shows OHCI, I wonder if I need to enable something to allow EHCI
or whether it's a HUB implementation issue.
I tried CONFIG_USB_EHCI, but no change.

Any comment on this ?
Can it work in high speed mode or has this not been tested yet ?

Unfortunately I changed a few things along the way and tried many times to
just "make" without success. Finally after a "make clean" and "make" things
worked fine. So, I'll need to clean up things before I can commit a patch and
know why initially it didn't work. That shouldn't be too difficult though from a
working state.

My goal is to get USB device working too (actually my main goal) and commit
the whole thing after I have that working as well. The main issue is however
that I have just a couple of days left to get it done this month (otherwise I
will continue next month).
I do have all USB device functions implemented but somehow have no response
(hooked up a USB analyser and see absolutely zero).
I enabled CDC and it seems to run through all functions just fine. It does look
like I'm close to getting it to work, but my guess is I miss some very basic
setting of the G45. If someone has an idea, please let me know as I think I
may be looking for the solution for a while otherwise (not an issue but a fact
I guess ;-) ).

Best regards,
Marcel