[U-Boot] AT91 clock and timer cleanups

Reinhard Meyer u-boot at emk-elektronik.de
Mon Oct 4 19:15:29 CEST 2010

Dear Wolfgang Denk,
> In message<4CA9EB88.5000203 at emk-elektronik.de>  you wrote:
>>
>> 1. The board's config file defines "CONFIG_AT91FAMILY" like this:
>> /* SoC */
>> #define CONFIG_ARM926EJS	1	/* ARM926EJS Core	*/
>> #define	CONFIG_AT91FAMILY	1	/* it's a member of AT91 */
>> #define CONFIG_AT91SAM9260	1	/* Atmel AT91SAM9260 based SoC */
>> #define CONFIG_AT91SAM9XE	1	/* more specific: AT91SAM9XE */
>
> Out of principle: please omit the "1" in all such cases unless you
> really want to pass or test for such a numeric value anywhere. As far
> as I can tell all relevant code uses only "#ifdef" or "defined(...)",
> so not to confuse people better omit the irrelevant value.

I agree here, and will change that whenever I encounter it in files
I touch (most is copied from the atmel EK config file).
I also see the tab vs. space issue once its quoted.
I think a space after the #define is better.

The general question, however was, if that approach is OK with you.

Best Regards,
Reinhard