[U-Boot] NAND on AVR32

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Sat Oct 9 01:26:19 CEST 2010

On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 23:54:00 +0100
David Collier <from_denx_uboot at dexdyne.com> wrote:

> Apologies if this is a double -post - I didn't get it back in my feed
> from the mailing list.... maybe it is awaiting approval or something.
> But I'm off on holiday, and I'd really like it to be "out there"
>
> I thought the whole point of using this linux and u-boot stuff was that
> whatever you did, someone else had done it first and you just had to copy
> them.

It improves the odds, but there's never a guarantee...

> 4 in <target>.h
>
> #undef CONFIG_NAND_LEGACY

What version of U-Boot are you using?  There should be no references to
CONFIG_NAND_LEGACY left.

> CONFIG_MTD_NAND_VERIFY_WRITE
> CONFIG_MTD_PARTITIONS
>
> 5. create a file called nand.c in the same directory as my <target>.c -
> I've based mine on the one for the at91sam9261ek. This needs to implement

There is no nand.c in the at91sam9261ek directory in current U-Boot.
The NAND driver is in drivers/mtd/nand/atmel_nand.c.

Please try the latest code first, and use it as a base to build upon if
it doesn't have what you need.

-Scott