[U-Boot] (no subject)

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Mon Oct 11 15:19:04 CEST 2010

Hi Wolfgang,

On Monday 11 October 2010 09:49:52 Stefan Roese wrote:
> sequoia_ramboot definitely needs a different "fix". We do want to support
> NAND and NOR flash when booting from RAM (via debugger etc). I'll take a
> look at it soon.

The Sequoia RAM-booting target has been created mainly for boards equipped
only with NAND flash (no NOR). This image can be loaded via a JTAG debugger
into RAM and started there. After this U-Boot can be used to initially program
the NAND flash. To make porting easier for other PPC4xx NAND-only users, I
therefore removed NOR support from this RAM-booting image.

I now see two possible solutions for the current compile breakage:

a) Enable NOR again on sequoia_ramboot

b) Keep NOR disabled and remove CONFIG_FDT_FIXUP_NOR_FLASH_SIZE for
   sequoia_ramboot

Just let me know which one you would prefer and I will send a patch for it.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de