[U-Boot] (no subject)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Oct 11 15:26:53 CEST 2010

Dear Stefan Roese,

In message <201010111519.04457.sr at denx.de> you wrote:

> The Sequoia RAM-booting target has been created mainly for boards equipped
> only with NAND flash (no NOR). This image can be loaded via a JTAG debugger
> into RAM and started there. After this U-Boot can be used to initially program
> the NAND flash. To make porting easier for other PPC4xx NAND-only users, I
> therefore removed NOR support from this RAM-booting image.

But the Sequoia board has both NOR and NAND, so we should support
both.

> I now see two possible solutions for the current compile breakage:
>
> a) Enable NOR again on sequoia_ramboot
> b) Keep NOR disabled and remove CONFIG_FDT_FIXUP_NOR_FLASH_SIZE for
>    sequoia_ramboot

As a) is way more useful to customers we should do that.

> Just let me know which one you would prefer and I will send a patch for it.

Thanks.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
God grant me the senility to accept the things I cannot  change,  The
frustration  to  try to change things I cannot affect, and the wisdom
to tell the difference.