[U-Boot] ppc, flash init on mpc8247, Unknown FLASH on Bank 0

Graeme Russ graeme.russ at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 16:51:59 CEST 2010

On Thursday, October 14, 2010, wind_embedded <wind_embedded at sina.com> wrote:

> well, when you completely ignore all good advice, including to ignore
> known-to-be working code, and instead insist on using versions that
> are > 3 years old and hopelessly obsoleted...
>
> ..then you must face the fact that you cannot get much help from the
> community.
>

> Update to recent code (v2010.09 at least), and use the generic CFI
> driver.
>
> If you then should still have problems please feel free to ask again.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk
>
> --
> DENX Software Engineering GmbH,     MD: Wolfgang Denk & Detlev Zundel
> A list is only as strong as its weakest link.            -- Don Knuth
>
> Dear Wolfgang Denk:
>    I have enable u-boot working on version u-boot1-1.1.4 and latest

Do you mean you are using 1.1.4 or do you mean you are using the
latest version from the git repository?

> version. I found the problem is the time interval between writing and
> reading flash. The question is very strange, the CPU configuration of

Are you using the CFI driver or a custom driver which uses time delays?

> VxWorks is same as u-boot, flash driver on VxWorks is good, but bad on
> u-boot.
>   Whatever thank you very much;)

I repeat:

Using the CFI driver and the latest version of U-Boot, this flash
works without issue.

Look at the eNET board for guidance

Regards

Graeme