[U-Boot] ALERT! >90% of all board configurations BROKEN

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Oct 26 11:40:54 CEST 2010

Dear Reinhard Meyer,

In message <4CC6909F.4060503 at emk-elektronik.de> you wrote:
> Dear Albert ARIBAUD,
>
> >> That is #ifdef-ed away in case of ARM-relocation. Perhaps we should remove
> >> all code that pertains to "WITHOUT_RELOC"... Would make the rest of the code
> >> less obscure...
> >
> >> I changed my board.config like this:
> >> /*#define CONFIG_SYS_GBL_DATA_SIZE 128*/	/* 128 bytes for initial data */
> >> #define	CONFIG_SYS_INIT_SP_ADDR		(CONFIG_SYS_SDRAM_BASE + 0x1000 /*- CONFIG_SYS_GBL_DATA_SIZE*/)
>
> I must confess I copied that #define from other boards without much reasoning about it:)

I just mentioned it in another mail: there is lots of confusion in
this area, and little common code. I will try to remove all of this.
All we need is the address and size of the initial RAM area; all the
rest can (now) be automatically calculated.  Patches are in the works.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Emotions are alien to me.  I'm a scientist.
	-- Spock, "This Side of Paradise", stardate 3417.3