[U-Boot] Not getting any prompt on hyper terminal

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Oct 26 15:12:41 CEST 2010

Dear Srinivas Ganji,

In message <AANLkTimgrGaX47YgywVo-jDXA-pQpaf0sBB8c0BE5xGi at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > You should never need to modify arch/powerpc/lib/board.c and
> > arch/powerpc/cpu/ppc4xx/start.S. I recommend you undo thse changes.
>
> We have modified the start.S file for the following #define as our
> flash start address is 0xFF000000 according to flash size.

Please look at the code. You do not have to change this file. Just
provide a correct definition in your board config file.

Please do not meddle with global files.

> We have added only debug statements in board.c. We did not change any
> value/variable in this file.

"Only adding debug statements" may break a board as well, if you don't
know exactly what you are doing.

> We are using yosemite board configuration files as we derived our
> board as per the yosemite board. Please let me know, if there is any
> document / README for creating the own config files.

There is a little help in the README.

> > > make YOSEMITE_config
> >
> > I am pretty sure this is NOT the command you used. Note thate case
> > matters.
>
> The README file which is available in the main u-boot directory says
> use CAPITAL letters YOSEMITE only. That is the reason, I used it. I
> also saw in the google where they used the CAPITAL letters for

I really have no idea what you are talking about: there is not a
single reference to Yosemite (in whatever spelling) in the README.

And the make target is "yosemite_config", and has always been like
that.  If this is different for you, your source tree must be
seriously modified (read: messed up).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
 The software required `Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux.