[U-Boot] Not getting any prompt on hyper terminal

Srinivas Ganji srinivasganji at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 12:42:34 CEST 2010

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

Dear Wolfgang Denk,

Thanks for your information.

> You should never need to modify arch/powerpc/lib/board.c and
> arch/powerpc/cpu/ppc4xx/start.S. I recommend you undo thse changes.

We have modified the start.S file for the following #define as our
flash start address is 0xFF000000 according to flash size.

#define CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_BASE		0xf8000000
changed to
# define CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_BASE		0xff000000

We have added only debug statements in board.c. We did not change any
value/variable in this file.

> Also, you should create your own board configuration instead of
> messing with the yosemite files.

We are using yosemite board configuration files as we derived our
board as per the yosemite board. Please let me know, if there is any
document / README for creating the own config files.

> > Reserving 144 Bytes for Board Info at: 03e2ff70
> > Reserving 88 Bytes for Global Data at: 03e2ff18
> > Stack Pointer at: 03e2fef8
> > bd->bi_memsize: 67108864
> > New Stack Pointer is: 03e2fef8
> > before relocate_code()
>
> This problem in handled in the FAQ; please see
> http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/UBootCrashAfterRelocation

Sure. I will look into it. I will update if there is any luck for me.

> > make YOSEMITE_config
>
> I am pretty sure this is NOT the command you used. Note thate case
> matters.

The README file which is available in the main u-boot directory says
use CAPITAL letters YOSEMITE only. That is the reason, I used it. I
also saw in the google where they used the CAPITAL letters for
building the u-boot.bin file for their specific board. Please let me
know, If I am wrong or any thing I am missing here.

Thanks and Regards,
Srinivas G