[U-Boot] Not getting any prompt on hyper terminal

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Oct 26 12:18:38 CEST 2010

Dear Srinivas Ganji,

In message <AANLkTimNnBbsL4DbW2QDciwET4dqjN4E8V_ZTGAgoESg at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > on Ubuntu x86 host system. However, I have modified the following file
> > contents as per my board and processor attributes.
> >
> > file name                           located directory
> > -------------                           ------------------------
> > 1) yosemite.h                    u-boot/include/configs
> > 2) board.c                         u-boot/arch/powerpc/lib
> > 3) init.S and yosemite.c     u-boot/board/amcc/yosemite
> > 4) start.S                          u-boot/arch/powerpc/cpu/ppc4xx

You should never need to modify arch/powerpc/lib/board.c and
arch/powerpc/cpu/ppc4xx/start.S. I recommend you undo thse changes.

Also, you should create your own board configuration instead of
messing with the yosemite files.

> Reserving 144 Bytes for Board Info at: 03e2ff70
> Reserving 88 Bytes for Global Data at: 03e2ff18
> Stack Pointer at: 03e2fef8
> bd->bi_memsize: 67108864
> New Stack Pointer is: 03e2fef8
> before relocate_code()

This problem in handled in the FAQ; please see
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/UBootCrashAfterRelocation

> make YOSEMITE_config

I am pretty sure this is NOT the command you used. Note thate case
matters.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
... not meant for the weak-at-heart: /^(?=.*one)(?=.*two)/
If you can follow that, you can use it.
          - Randal L. Schwartz in <ukpw67rhl3.fsf at julie.teleport.com>