[U-Boot] Severals questions How to submit new u-boot features

Christophe Henri RICARD christophe-h.ricard at st.com
Fri Sep 3 19:06:03 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am actually working to add a new driver to u-boot related to Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for embedded system. (On a u-boot version 2009.11)
I would be interested to know:

-           what is the process to do the submission ?

-          Because the available i2c interfaces looks to be only for i2c memory (such as eeprom memory), I had to rework some i2c interfaces to be able to send directly my TPM command/data through the i2c bus. This mean write or read some data directly on the i2c bus without sending any offset byte.

Will it be acceptable for the community to add those two new interfaces (i2c_write_direct/i2c_read_direct) for each i2c driver ?

-          Is there any coding style specification ?

Thanks for your help
Best Regards
Christophe RICARD
STMicroelectronics.