[U-Boot] Severals questions How to submit new u-boot features

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Fri Sep 3 20:01:21 CEST 2010

Hi,

Read up <http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/Patches>

> -          Because the available i2c interfaces looks to be only for i2c memory (such as eeprom memory), I had to rework some i2c interfaces to be able to send directly my TPM command/data through the i2c bus. This mean write or read some data directly on the i2c bus without sending any offset byte.

You can do that with the current i2c drivers by making sure that adrlen=0.

> Will it be acceptable for the community to add those two new interfaces (i2c_write_direct/i2c_read_direct) for each i2c driver ?

I would think they are unneeded, see the adrlen=0 trick. (If I were to
suggest an I2C overhaul [hi Heiko :)], I'd rather suggest adding a
generic i2c transaction API which would allow mixing elementary writes
and reads with optional STARTs and STOPs inbetween).

> -          Is there any coding style specification ?

Look up <>http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/CodingStyle> (actually many
topics are covered, see left column).

> Thanks for your help

np :)