[U-Boot] Delay in U-boot Booting , Running U-boot from NOR Flash

Gurumurthy Gowdar gurumurthy.gm at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 20:50:31 CEST 2010

Hi Wolfgang,

                     I have given boot delay 3 seconds but this delay is for
autobooting , my problem is not able to see u-boot booting messages (
console messages) on Minicom or Kermit  as soon as power is up. Its should
take less than 500ms to print console messages when u-boot boots up as far I
know.

About booting from NOR Flash, I thought there may be an issue in DDR2
(SDRAM) initialization and relocating which is taking more time.

Sorry for sending locked or HTML messages last time.

Please need comments on this delay in u-boot messages printing on console.
what may be the issue?

Regards,

Gurumurthy

--