[U-Boot] Delay in U-boot Booting , Running U-boot from NOR Flash

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Sep 5 22:24:50 CEST 2010

Dear Gurumurthy Gowdar,

In message <AANLkTikH5D7VCkTG969=OWfvQfAs_ojoxTn_+dzsZS8u at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

>                      I have given boot delay 3 seconds but this delay is for
> autobooting , my problem is not able to see u-boot booting messages (
> console messages) on Minicom or Kermit  as soon as power is up. Its should
> take less than 500ms to print console messages when u-boot boots up as far I
> know.

Right. Messages should appear after a few milliseconds when booting
from NOR.

> About booting from NOR Flash, I thought there may be an issue in DDR2
> (SDRAM) initialization and relocating which is taking more time.

U-Boot will start printing messages long before it starts accessing
the RAM.

> Please need comments on this delay in u-boot messages printing on console.
> what may be the issue?

Misconfiguration of your hardware / port?  Eventually you are running
at an extremely slow clock rate?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It is undignified for a woman to play servant to a man who is not
hers.
	-- Spock, "Amok Time", stardate 3372.7