[U-Boot] Suggest feature removal: CONFIG_SERIAL_SOFTWARE_FIFO

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Sep 14 10:57:22 CEST 2010

Hi,

upon revisiting the PPC4xx UART driver, I stumbled (again) over the
CONFIG_SERIAL_SOFTWARE_FIFO feature. As it seems this feature is only
implemented for PPC4xx and is not used in any mainline board ports. Frankly I
never really understood why such a "feature" should be used. So I'm asking if
anybody is really caring for this feature. If not, I'll send a patch to remove
this stuff completely.

Any comments?

Cheers,
Stefan