[U-Boot] U-Boot debug - Error

Graeme Russ graeme.russ at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 09:08:11 CEST 2010

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 4:48 PM, manojatl <manmano at rediffmail.com> wrote:

> We are using tool chain gnuarm 3.4.3 to compile U-Boot 1.1.6 for SMDK2400
> board (ARM 9). The commands were as follows.
>

>                make distclean
>                make smdk2400_config
>                make
>
>  We are  able to successfully generate u-boot.The tool chain have build in
> insight with version GNU gdb 6.1.
>
> While debugging the u-boot.elf  in insight with sim target, we encounter
> error with  memset() funtion,which was called in the start_armboot()
> function. The mixed code for memset() function is as follows

I'm sorry, but it is highly unlikely that anybody here is going to help
out with issues you have with an ancient version of U-Boot.

Try checking out the latest version from the git repository, or downloading
the latest snapshot tarball and then seeking help back here (if you need it)
on getting your board up and running.

Regards,

Graeme