[U-Boot] U-Boot debug - Error

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Sep 16 09:13:26 CEST 2010

Dear manojatl,

In message <29725451.post at talk.nabble.com> you wrote:

> We are using tool chain gnuarm 3.4.3 to compile U-Boot 1.1.6 for SMDK2400
> board (ARM 9). The commands were as follows.

GCC 3.4.3 was released 6.5 years ago.  U-Boot 1.1.6 was released 4.5
years ago.

These versions are extremenly old.  Instead of wasting your time
trying to get this ancient stuff running, I strongly recommend to
update to more recent versions of both the tool chain and U-Boot.

Apart from that, to the best of my knowledge the SMDK2400 board
support has always been working in all official releases of U-Boot
that contain support for this board.  IF you see problems, it is
highly likely that these be caused by your tool chain - gcc 3.4.x has
always had a number of issues.

As stated before: update and use current tools and code.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
He'd heard her use that sweet, innocent  tone  of  voice  before.  It
meant that, pretty soon, there was going to be trouble.
                                        - Terry Pratchett, _Truckers_